time period 3:
the american revolutionary period
Pictures above of the original flag of the American Revolution
Time Period 3 Review Video
Time Period 3 Timeline, Primary Sources, & Essay
- Identity: How did different social group identities evolve during the revolutionary struggle? How did leaders of the new United States attempt to form a national identity?
- Work, Exchange & Technology: How did the newly independent United States attempt to formulate a national economy?
- Peopling: How did the revolutionary struggle and its aftermath reorient white-American Indian relations and affect subsequent population movements?
- Politics & Power: How did the ideology behind the revolution affect power relationships between different ethnic, racial, and social groups?
- America in the World: How did the revolution become an international conflict involving competing European and American powers?
- Environment & Geography: How did the geographical and environmental characteristics of regions opened up to white settlement after 1763 affect their subsequent development?
- Ideas, Beliefs & Culture: Why did the patriot cause spread so quickly among the colonists after 1763? How did the republican ideals of the revolutionary cause affect the nation’s political culture after independence?
Events that lead to the American Revolution - Prezi: http://prezi.com/kzfef_5_sd0s/events-that-lead-to-the-american-revolution/
Thomas Paine's Common Sense - Full
First Great Awakening